I’ve been trying to catch up on older things I’ve done, like my first fused glass class, and my second, but I’m taking a break from that for just a minute. I still have a glass beads post, and other things, but I wanted to show my “Oh, crap” moment from this morning.
I overloaded my kiln, and some pieces moved more than others. So, when I opened it this morning, I found this. The other things, which were 4 of the smaller squares, and one more fractured square, were all all happy and fused, but not to each other.
I used tile nippers to get the fracture away from the black pieces, and then scored and broke the black ones back into 2 pieces. I used a my grinder to smooth the edges, and then popped the fracture into the kiln to slump, and the two black pieces in to fire polish. Let’s hope they all turn out.